We will not be taken to any place where there is danger. Tourists are very carefully looked after. You have travel insurance included in your package as part of the VISA requirements (if you took it with us). If you are concerned about your health, please speak to your doctor and get the necessary prescriptions to bring with you. Tap water is safe to drink, however, bottled water will be available everywhere.
You will not need a visa to visit South Africa.
South African Rand: The exchange rate fluctuates between 13-15 Rand - $1 USD. This is highly in your favor and you may feel like a king!
As much or as little as you may want. All local airfares, accommodation, all breakfasts and dinners and service charges are included in the fare.
All major Credit cards are accepted throughout SA and if you need any cash you can simply draw from the ATMs, or you can exchange with us at EAT. We will strive to make your trip as easy as possible!
Delta from Atlanta - Johannesburg 15 hours direct!
We recommend bringing an iPad with a downloaded series. If this is too complicated, no worries, you will have a TV screen at your seat with complimentary movies / series and tv shows.
Yes. You can fly via Europe if you wish. We just require all guests to be in Johannesburg on the same arrival day as all other guests.
Absolutely, however, many other guests like to use miles etc so this is up to you.
One main suit case with all your clothes for the trip. You will have laundry services available to you throughout your stay.
Golf clubs, you will 100% need some of these…Bring your own or you can also rent clubs whilst in SA if preferred.
This is up to you, but here is a helpful list:
- Shorts, T shirts, dresses, golf shirts, Hats and sunglasses
- A camera / smart phone - you will need cellphone chargers etc
- A photocopy of your passport and credit card just in case anything geos lost or stolen
- Sneakers, golf shoes, socks, and flip flops
- Golf clothes - short pants advised as it is summer
- A swimming costume (bathing suit)
The plugs are different in South Africa, so you will need an adaptor, which you can get at the airport from luggage stores. Alternatively, we will have some for you free of charge - we just need them back at end of trip for the next guests.
This is what makes SA so great…We have some of the best weather in the world, very similar to the west coast of the USA.
Jan - Feb 70F-90F (no humidity)
March - April 70F-85F (no humidity)
The days are sunny and warm, and then in the evenings it cools down.
One of favorite questions, depending on how technically savvy you are, we have a few options:
- Get an international plan for your phone
- Get your phone unlocked by your service provider in USA and then you can use a local sim card here in SA
- Bring your phone as is and we will have a mobile wireless router with us in the vans and busses so that you can connect to wifi.
- If you have an iPhone you will be able to use iMessage and FaceTime on wifi - If you have an Android device or any other smartphone you will need to download Whatsapp Messenger and you will be able to text and call for free internationally (we can assist you with this once in SA).
There will be wifi at all hotels and resorts.
In order for the tours to run smoothly and to be respectful to all the other guests, we ask that everyone please be 5 minutes early for all meetings and departures. Thanks in advance :)
Clifton #4 (World Famous)
If you prefer remote quiet beaches, this can be arranged.
Chapman’s Peak Pass, hands down!
Have look at our Add-On experiences and see what is available in that area.
In Africa, the Big Five game animals are the African lion, African elephant, Cape buffalo, African leopard, and rhinoceros. The term "Big Five Game" was coined by big-game hunters and refers to the five most difficult animals in Africa to hunt on foot.
Pop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org