This tour is led by Professional Golfer, Andrew Georgiou, and as an avid golfer you will love this tour where you will play 6 of South Africa’s top courses competing with local members at some of the Cape Town clubs. The finale is planned for the Erinvale Golf Club, arguably the most picturesque course in South Africa, where our group will play in the club competition with the members. The safari experience is at the magnificent Pilanesberg Game Reserve where you have the opportunity to see the Big 5, and you will play the world famous Gary Player course at Sun City which plays host to the annual Nedbank Million Dollar tournament.
No trip to South Africa is complete without visiting the iconic sites of Table Mountain, Robben Island and the Winelands. You will enjoy private wine tasting at some of the country’s finest estates including the Ernie Els Wine Estate.
Big 5 Tour of South Africa
Play 5 rounds on some of South Africa’s finest golf courses. See the Big 5, spend 5 days in Cape Town, and enjoy some of the best wines that the world has to offer in an idyllic setting.
Hosted by Professional Golfer: Andrew Georgiou
South Africa is consistently voted one of the world’s most desirable countries to visit with Cape Town topping the list of favored cities. Add golf, Big Five safari, and wine tasting and you have the trip of a lifetime awaiting you. On this tour you will play 5 highly rated courses in the country, safari in the Pilanesberg Game Reserve where you expect to see the Big Five. You will play both courses at Sun City and spend the rest of your time in Cape Town where the Winelands and many acclaimed tourist attractions beckon.
Hoteliers here routinely earn the industry’s highest global accolades and your accommodation is all out of the top drawer with quoted rates based on single occupancy. Exclusive African Tours are all led by seasoned professionals and you will have a tour guide with you every step of the way, ensuring that your every need is met.
Awesome Ad-Ons! These are available to all non golfing spouses and these are also available for substitution of a round of golf. View all our add-on’s.
We invite you to join us on this amazing bucket list tour and look forward to spoiling you as we craft an unforgettable experience.
DAY 1 - FRIDAY
Depart Atlanta in the late afternoon.
DAY 2 - SATURDAY
Arrive in Johannesburg at 5pm, clear customs and transfer to the Michelangelo Hotel, Mandela Square, Sandton.
DAY 3 - SUNDAY
After breakfast we will transfer to the Pilanesberg National Park, arriving at lunch time.
We will then experience a breathtaking sundowner game drive, followed by a luxurious dinner.
DAY 4 - MONDAY
We will start off the day with an early morning game drive.
As the afternoon approaches, we will play The Gary Player golf course at Sun City.
We will then experience yet another breathtaking sundowner game drive, followed by a delicious dinner.
DAY 5 – TUESDAY
We begin the morning with a 7am tee off at Lost City (or optional substitute ADD-ON: hot air balloon experience or early morning game drive).
13h30 – Transfer to Lanseria International Airport
16h20 – Fly to Cape Town
We will arrive in Cape Town and transfer to our Private Luxury Accommodation that overlooks the Atlantic Ocean.
DAY 6 – WEDNESDAY
Today we will enjoy a round of golf at the Atlantic Beach Golf Club – 9am tee time.
This afternoon we will explore the beautiful city of Cape Town, with a visit to one of the Natural Wonders of the World; Table Mountain, as well as venturing to the V&A Waterfront.
DAY 7 – THURSDAY
We will begin this day with a memorable Cape Peninsula open top bus tour.
This will be followed by a historical Robben Island visit (or you may substitute for any other Cape Town ADD-ONS attraction).
We will end off the day with a sunset cruise, followed by dinner.
DAY 8 – FRIDAY
Today we play the magnificent Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course – Pearl Valley. This will be an early morning tee time.
We will have lunch and a wine tasting in the picturesque town of Franschhoek.
This magical day culminates with sundowners at the famous Ernie Els Winery in Stellenbosch.
DAY 9 – SATURDAY
A Special touch – This is known as the Presidents’ Cup day! A real treat! You will play a best ball matchplay game against the members at Erinvale Golf Estate (Andrew’s home course).
Enjoy a private wine tasting at Lourensford Wine Estate, followed by dinner.
DAY 10 – SUNDAY
Finally, a morning to rest or do some last minute shopping. After the morning of leisure you transfer to CT International Airport for your mid-afternoon flight up to Johannesburg. Overnight you will fly back to Atlanta.
DAY 11 – MONDAY
You will arrive back in Atlanta in the early hours of the morning.
• A luxury tour led by Professional Golfer: Andrew Georgiou
• VIP meet and greet at all airports
• Green fees at each of the golf courses
• Golf carts - (can substitute a caddie)
• All transfers and internal flights
• All breakfasts and dinners
• A bottle of wine per 2 people with dinner
• Accommodation in 4 star luxury bushveld lodge in the Pilanesberg and the 5 star Michelangelo hotel in Sandton
• A Private Luxury home overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in Cape Town
• Single Accommodation at all venues (not sharing unless spouse package selected). Spouses share a queen-sized bed
• A travel bag and commemorative Exclusive African Travel golf shirt
• Golfing prizes
• All wine tasting events and all game drives
• Excursions as detailed (Table Mountain, Open Top Bus Tour, Robben Island, and so forth or substitutions for add-ons)
• Tips and gratuities for all service providers
• Other tour guides and professional golfer tips are optional
• Local taxes
• Airfare to/from South Africa
• Drinks and meals not specified
• Personal items such as laundry, spa treatments, or any extra add-ons
• Travel insurance
TOUR COST PER PERSON:
• Golfer $7 350
• Non golfer $6 550
• Spouse – non golfing $2 950
• Spouse – golfing $3 650
Pricing is based on single accommodation.
Spouses will share a queen-sized bed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
• Prices quoted are in United States Dollars
• To guarantee these rates we require a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the tour price at time of booking and the balance in full 60 days prior to departure.
• Exclusive African Travel reserves the right to substitute the accommodation offered on a like for like basis.
• Exclusive African Travel reserves the right to cancel the tour and refund all monies in full should there be insufficient bookings for any of the tours.
• 13th January 2017 – 23rd January 2017
• 24th February 2017 – 6th March 2017
• 21st April 2017 – 1st May 2017
Click here for custom dates/trips.